I’ve released a new version of my SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin. It’s not a recode of the plugin, however it is a major overhaul of the plugin. It features an update to the highlighting package (with new languages and parameters) and other various things. Here’s the full changelog:
Major overhaul, mainly to extend flexibility so that this plugin could be used on WordPress.com without actual code modification (only actions/filters are used instead to modify it).
- Updated SyntaxHighlighter package to v2.1.364. Highlights of the changelog include:
- ColdFusion brush (aliases:
- Erlang brush (aliases:
- Objective-C brush (aliases:
- Eclipse theme
padlinenumbersparameter. Set it to
falsefor no line number padding,
truefor automatic padding, or an integer (number) for forced padding.
rbalias for Ruby
- Commenters can now use this plugin to post code.
- Plugin’s shortcodes now work inside of the text widget again. Requires WordPress 2.9+ though.
- Overhaul of the TinyMCE plugin that assists in keeping your code sound when switching editor views. Thanks to Andrew Ozz!
- This plugin’s stylesheets are now dynamically loaded. If they aren’t needed, they aren’t loaded.
- Lots of sanitization of shortcode attributes. Invalid keys/values are no longer used.
- Chinese translation thanks to Hinker Liu. Will need updating for v2.3.0.
- New filter to control what shortcodes are registered. Used by WordPress.com to trim down the number of them.
- Saving of user’s settings is now done using
register_setting()instead of manually handing
- By default, a post meta is used to mark posts as being encoded using the 2.x encoding format. This is bad for a site like WordPress.com. You can use the new
syntaxhighlighter_pre_getcodeformatfilter to return
2(based on say
SyntaxHighlighter:get_code_format()for more details. Don’t forget to
remove_action( 'save_post', array(&$SyntaxHighlighter, 'mark_as_encoded'), 10, 2 );to stop the post meta from being added.
syntaxhighlighter_precodefilter to modify raw code before it’s highlighted.
syntaxhighlighter_democodefilter to modify example code on the settings page.
Please leave all comments and feedback on the plugin’s homepage. Thanks! 🙂