This was my computer from December 2007 through May 2010.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz (haven’t bothered to OC)
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P
- RAM: 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
- Video: XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express
- PSU: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue ATX12V / EPS12V 650W
- CPU Cooler: ZALMAN 9500A 92mm
- Main Monitor: 24″ Westinghouse L2410NM HDMI Widescreen LCD (1920×1200)
- Second Monitor: 23″ Acer X233H Widescreen LCD (1920×1080)
- Storage: 74GB Western Digital Raptor (first gen), 1.5TB Seagate, 750GB Seagate, 500GB Seagate, 400GB Seagate, 320GB Seagate, 250GB Maxtor (around 3TB total)
- Audio Card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS (Audigy 4 X-Fi was too spendy to upgrade to)
- Speakers: Logitech Z-680 5.1 Surround 505 watt RMS (these things are nuts!)
- Burner: Plextor DVD/CD burner (it’s incredibly ancient, but it works, so whatever)
- Mouse: Logitech G500 laser gaming mouse
- Keyboard: Logitech G19 (built in LCD screen)
- Case: Some Raidmaxx one, I dunno. It gets the job done.
- OS: Windows 7 64bit
Pingback: 3D MARK how does your computer score ? - Page 5 - FinalGear.com Forums
Broh you need a MAC
Viper is a gamer so a Mac would not be a good choice. Either way, very nice rig!
I’m actually in the process of replacing this computer. It’s video card and CPU are starting to show it’s 2.5 year age and struggles with some of the newer video games (I imagine that it doesn’t help that I game at 1920×1200 resolution, hehe).
This is the new rig: (just replacing the internals, keeping the rest of my current computer)
Now that is a nice rig! You will not be disappointed with the I7 and GTX 470.
I currenty have that cpu, but i’m using the discontinued GTX295 series and 6gb of ram and that combo has heaps of head room in games. So yeah it’s a great upgrade for you, especially for 1920×1200 res!
I just decided the i7 wasn’t worth the extra $80 and switched back to having an i5 750 on my build list. 🙂